SAN JOSE, Calif., July 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise and cloud data centers, announced the new FastLinQ® QL41000 Series of 10/25GbE Ethernet NICs, which are supported on Dell EMC14th Generation PowerEdge servers. The FastLinQ QL41000 Series are the industry's only NIC solution that gives customers the technology choice and investment protection with support for concurrent RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP. The FastLinQ adapters coupled with new generation PowerEdge servers enable administrators to optimize their infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging built-in technologies like SR-IOV and Network Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and quality of service (QoS) for workloads and infrastructure traffic. Additionally, the FastLinQ adapters provide full network function virtualization (NFV) with excellent small packet performance and integration with DPDK and OpenStack, enabling telcos and NFV application customers to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads.
"Enterprise and cloud data centers have differing requirements driven by infrastructure and applications for latency and congestion management, so flexibility of the networking solution is key, said Bob Wheeler, principal analyst at The Linley Group. Cavium FastLinQ 41000 Series family with Universal RDMA effectively addresses these challenges while delivering a flexible and future proof networking solution.
"Cavium FastLinQ 10GbE/25GbE Ethernet NICs, with Universal RDMA are designed to accelerate access to networking and storage while offloading server CPU," said Rajneesh Gaur, vice president and general manager, Ethernet Adapter Group, at Cavium. "The introduction of Universal RDMA in Dell's flagship 14G server is a major milestone and provides customers with an innovative solution delivering flexibility in choice of RDMA and cost savings for next generation private, hybrid and telco cloud data centers."
"Dell EMC 14th generation PowerEdge Servers are delivering a scalable, automated and secure architecture for any workload, from traditional to cloud-native applications and converged platforms," said Brian Payne, vice president product management and marketing, server solutions division, Dell EMC. "With the unique Universal RDMA capabilities in the FastLinQ QL41000 Series Ethernet NICs in the new PowerEdge servers, customers can transform their infrastructure for modern workloads and cloud initiatives by increasing performance while optimizing infrastructure costs."
Purpose built to accelerate and simplify data center networking, Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet technology in Dell PowerEdge servers delivers:
- Universal RDMA – Industry's only network adapter that offers customers a choice of RDMA technology and investment protection with concurrent support for RoCE, RoCEv2 and iWARP.
- Network Virtualization Offloads – Acceleration for network virtualization by offloading protocol processing for VxLAN, NVGRE, GRE and GENEVE, enabling customers to build and scale virtualized networks without impacting network performance.
- Server Virtualization – Optimizes infrastructure costs and increase virtual machine density by leveraging built-in technologies like SR-IOV and NIC Partitioning (NPAR) that deliver acceleration and QoS for workloads and infrastructure traffic.
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Enables telco and NFV application vendors to seamlessly deploy, manage and accelerate the most demanding NFV workloads by delivering leading small packet performance and integration with DPDK and OpenStack.
- Storage Acceleration: Full protocol offload for iSCSI and FCoE delivers up to 3M IOPS while consuming the fewest server CPU cycles, leaving headroom for virtual applications and enabling higher ROI on server investments.
The new FastLinQ 41000 Series 10/25Gbps Ethernet adapters are now available from Dell EMC.
For more information, visit www.qlogic.com and www.cavium.com
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium's highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Data Center and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cavium-fastlinq-ethernet-enables-universal-rdma-for-dell-emc-14th-generation-poweredge-servers-300485708.html
SOURCE Cavium, Inc.
Cavium Media Contact, Angel Atondo, Sr. Marketing Communications Manager, Telephone: +1 408-943-7417, Email: email@example.com